South Bass Island Day Trip
Explore South Bass Island with Us
About 7 nautical miles
6 hours (approximately 4 hours of paddling)
Guide to Participant Ratio
What You'll See
TK What You’ll See
Conditions to Expect
TK Conditions to Expect
Single or tandem sea kayak and equipment (paddle, life-jacket, whistle, spray skirt, and white safety light).
TK Meeting Location
No experience necessary. This tour is appropriate for beginners who are comfortable on the water and accustomed to moderate exercise.
14 and over only, please. Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Participants ages 12 and over may participate as the front paddler in a tandem with an adult.
Height and Weight Limits
In order to ensure your comfort and safety, participants should be between 5′ and 6’4″ tall and 95 lbs to 235 lbs.
Non-Discriminatory Essential Eligibility Criteria
In order to participate in this program, each participant must satisfy the following essential eligibility criteria:
- Be able to independently participate in all individual skills and activities while also maintaining an appropriate and safe body position.
- Be able to hold their breath while under water and, while in the water wearing a properly fitted lifejacket, be able to independently turn from a face down to a face up position keeping their head above water.
- Be able to effectively communicate with the instructor and other program participants.
- Be able to manage all personal care independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
- Be able to manage all personal mobility independently, or with the assistance of a companion.