Lake Erie Sunsets - Standing Room Only
This tour is short on distance and long on chillaxation.
We’ll take a short paddle down the Rocky River to Lake Erie, where we’ll sit (or stand!) and enjoy a classic Lake Erie sunset.
It’s the perfect way to unwind at the end of a long weekday.
About 2 nautical miles
2 hours (approximately 50 minutes of paddling; an hour of “chilling”)
Guide to Participant Ratio
What You'll See
A spectacular river valley with impressive shale and limestone cliffs; riverfront homes (including the Elliot Ness home) and marinas. Wildlife sightings include: great blue heron; mallard ducks; wood ducks; cormorants; and graybacked seagulls; arctic terns; cliff swallows. And, of course, the Lake Erie sunset.
Conditions to Expect
While the Rocky River is always calm, Lake Erie is a dynamic body of water, so conditions vary depending on the wind. We will not venture into the Lake if waves are over 2ft., but it may be choppy at times.
Stand-up paddleboard and equipment (paddle, life-jacket, whistle, and white safety light).
No experience necessary. This tour is appropriate for beginners who are comfortable on the water and accustomed to moderate exercise.
14 and over only, please. Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Participants ages 12 and over may participate as the front paddler in a tandem with an adult.
Height and Weight Limits
In order to ensure your comfort and safety, participants should be between 5′ and 6’4″ tall and 95 lbs to 235 lbs.
Non-Discriminatory Essential Eligibility Criteria
In order to participate in this program, each participant must satisfy the following essential eligibility criteria:
- Be able to independently participate in all individual skills and activities while also maintaining an appropriate and safe body position.
- Be able to hold their breath while under water and, while in the water wearing a properly fitted lifejacket, be able to independently turn from a face down to a face up position keeping their head above water.
- Be able to effectively communicate with the instructor and other program participants.
- Be able to manage all personal care independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
- Be able to manage all personal mobility independently, or with the assistance of a companion.